Memory never fade away
No images for this date in our history
Forever etched in our minds is the tragedy
Now is not the time to recall who is at fault
Those who knew an event could be yet no prevention sought?
Many great wordsmiths can express greater than I
Those who commits such acts of evil forever we defy
Remember the heroes for our fellow friends and family
No concern for oneself only rush to aid, help anyway possibly
Today we hang our head in a moment of silence for those lost
We lower our head not for being defeated but for the line evil crossed
True, one root cause is division of cultural inspired hatred
No excuse for the deed, the evil act displayed so complicated
Ever aware of any place or time those who wish to do harm
No victory for heinous deeds they seek we will not be alarmed
Always a clash between two ideologies with one born of contempt
As citizens of our world good always will stand triumphant
Let us remember respect for all life always has been
Those who seek to kill and destroy a hollow win
For any date in history, any place of destruction
The spirit of good over evil gives instruction
You hit us with an ever so senseless act
Because tenfold we will strike back
With the sadness, the eleventh of September
Tears for the innocent, we always remember
Value of life is always to be held most dear
Event never forgotten, forever victory over evil always clear
And with heavy heart I still must include this;
From (CNN)Here is a look at the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001.
Nineteen men hijacked four fuel-loaded US commercial airplanes bound for west coast destinations. A total of 2,977 people were killed in New York City, Washington, DC and outside of Shanksville, Pennsylvania.
At the World Trade Center (WTC) site in Lower Manhattan, 2,753 people were killed when hijacked American Airlines Flight 11 and United Airlines Flight 175 were intentionally crashed into the north and south towers or as a result of the crashes.
September 11, 2001
– 8:46 a.m. ET – American Airlines Flight 11 (traveling from Boston to Los Angeles) strikes the north tower of the World Trade Center in New York City.
– 9:03 a.m. ET – United Airlines Flight 175 (traveling from Boston to Los Angeles) strikes the south tower of the World Trade Center in New York City.
– 9:37 a.m. ET – American Airlines Flight 77 (traveling from Dulles, Virginia, to Los Angeles) strikes the Pentagon Building in Washington.
– 9:59 a.m. ET – South tower of WTC collapses in approximately 10 seconds.
– 10:03 a.m. ET – United Airlines Flight 93 (traveling from Newark, New Jersey, to San Francisco) crashes in a field near Shanksville, Pennsylvania.
– 10:28 a.m. ET – North tower of WTC collapses. The time between the first attack and the collapse of both World Trade Center towers is 102 minutes.